Getting to Noosa
Brisbane Airport Precinct
Brisbane airport is Queensland’s domestic and international gateway, with over 300 flights departing and arriving daily. There are a number of bus services to and from Brisbane Airport. The airport is approx 1.5 hours drive from Noosa.
Sunshine Coast Airport
Flights from most Australian capital cities arrive at and depart from Sunshine Coast Airport at Maroochydore, which is approximately 30 minutes drive south of Noosa.
Taxis and buses are available for transfers to Noosa from the airport.
Airport Transfer for Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Airports
Airport Bus Service
|Phone||07 5474 0199||07 5477 0888||07 5442 4065|
If you are travelling by car the following times will give you an idea of how long the trip will take, factoring in a couple of short stops.
- 1.5 hours from Brisbane
- 3 hours from the Gold Coast
- 13.5 hours from Sydney
- 26.5 hours from Melbourne
|Phone||07 5447 4943||07 5474 2820||07 5447 3777||07 5447 2253||07 5447 2299|
There are a number of coach services that pass through Cooroy on the Bruce Highway (approx. 15 minutes drive from Noosa).
There are also connecting bus services to Noosa. Some services go into Noosa itself and there are local services operating between Cooroy, Tewantin, Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast Airport) and Noosa.
The bus trip from Brisbane takes around 2½ - 3 hours.
Phone 1300 473 946
The closest train station to Noosa is at Cooroy, approx. 15 minutes drive west from Noosa.
There are more frequent train services to Nambour which is about a 30 minute drive south from Noosa. Regular bus services operate between both train stations and Noosa.
Phone 131 230
Getting around Noosa
Parking is available at all of the venues participating in Noosa Long Weekend Festival. There are also bus stops located near the main venue, The J.
> Go to Our Venues page for map and address information for each event.
Phone: 131 008
Noosa VIP Limousines
Phone: 131 230
The Ferry will get you in and around Noosa, the scenic way!
Phone: 07 5449 8442
Preferred Accommodation partners in Noosa
For all your Noosa Tourist Information visit our premier sponsor
Tourism Noosa at www.visitnoosa.com.au or phone 1800 002 624 or 07 5430 5000
Top 5 things to do
- Enjoy the great variety of arts, literature, food and fun events at Noosa’s premier arts festival – Noosa Long Weekend Festival14 - 23 June 2013
- Discover Noosa’s natural environment. Watch whales, enjoy pristine beaches, explore the dramatic hinterland landscape, and visit the world’s largest sand island.
- Have an outdoor adventure - walk, dive, paddle, ride or cycle through Noosa’s coastal and hinterland landscapes.
- Sample the extraordinary breadth of the Noosa gourmet scene. Attend a cooking course, experience local produce at farmers’ markets or book a table with a view at a Noosa restaurant.
- Indulge yourself in Noosa or seek out a romantic getaway. Dine out, spend an idle hour in a café, take a twilight gondola ride, shop in style or pamper yourself with a day spa treatment or with a relaxing massage.
- Location: Memorial Drive, Eumundi
- Day/time: Every Wednesday from 8.00am and Saturday from 6.30am to 2.00pm.
The Eumundi Market is the biggest on the Sunshine Coast and one of the biggest in
Queensland. Over 300 stalls.
Cooroy Community Market
- Location: R.S.L. Hall Maple Street
- Day/time: Every thursday 8.00am – 1.30pm
Cooran Eco Markets
- Location: King Street Cooran, Pioneer Park
- Day/time: Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month
Set amongst the beautiful shady hinterland of Cooran (5 mins north of Pomona) with a friendly family atmosphere and children’s park beside it. Expect to see a range of fresh local produce, plants, homemade food, live music, jewellery and art and craft.
Noosa Marina Markets
- Location: Harbour Town, 2 Parkyn Court, Tewantin
- Day/time: Every Sunday from 8.00am – 2.00pm
The Noosa Marina art, craft and local produce market has an idyllic setting on the
deck, overlooking the Noosa River.
Peregian Beach Markets
- Location: Kingfisher Drive, Perigian Beach
- Day/time: First, third and fifth Sunday of the month, 7.00am – 12.30pm.
Noosa Farmers Markets
- Location: Noosa AFL grounds, Weyba Road
- Day/time: Every Sunday 7am – midday
Stock up on gorgeous gourmet goodies and sample the region’s finest produce.